Jobtip develops software that lets candidates apply for vacant positions with employers. For this reason, Jobtip acts as a data processor for the customer that wishes to make use of Jobtip’s services. The final customer is the one that ultimately is the data controller. The candidates that choose to apply via Jobtip’s services approve an agreement where they accept that their information will be processed in accordance with GDPR and that their information will be passed on to the final data controller. Jobtip does not resell any personal data to anyone other than the final data controller.
What is the candidate agreeing to?
- Each candidate accepts that their information is processed in order to participate in the employment process.
- The information is stored for six months.
- Based on the approximate time for a recruitment process.
- After six months the information is automatically removed.
- The candidate gets a reminder with information about:
- How an application can be withdrawn.
- User terms and what happens to their personal data during the recruitment process.
- Legal basis and valid reason for why the information is stored.
- Jobtip never asks candidates if they want to extend the period during which an application is stored. It is always erased after six months, without the possibility of an extension.
Erasure of data
- All candidates have the opportunity to cancel an application. This information will be sent in an e-mail with a link to the application. It will include an overview of the personal data that has been stored for the active ad. The candidate can then choose which data should be removed.
- By default the information is only stored for six months, after that, it is automatically erased.
- Data in e-mails that are sent to customers is automatically erased after 90 days.
- Contact details in ads
- All posted ads could include contact details. There is a valid reason and an approval from the customer that personal data should be there. An ad is stored for up to two years. This is because a large percentage of Jobtip’s customers choose to reuse previous ads. The withdrawal of an application is done orally between Jobtip’s contact person and the customer.
- Data can be removed upon request.
Handling of personal data
- All information is stored in Jobtip’s candidate management system.
- An e-mail is sent to every customer when a candidate has applied for a position.
- E-mail is stored for up to 90 days to ensure that the end customer gets an opportunity to receive the data, then it is automatically removed.
- All the information is stored in a searchable register and can be removed if required by either the ultimate data controller or the person who applied via Jotip’s services.
- All data is stored within the EU.
- All stored data is encrypted and can only be decrypted by people with a certain technical authorization at Jobtip.
- Details about candidates can only be obtained by the customer or the contact person at Jobtip who is responsible for the customer relationship.
- All Jobtip suppliers that are not subject to GDPR are listed under privacy shield.
- The Jobtip servers are located in Ireland and are leased from Amazon.com.
- All e-mail is stored using Mandrill, which is owned by The Rocket Science.
- Group LLC d/b/a MailChimp.
- Other suppliers.
- Google LLC.
- LinkedIn Corporation.
- Facebook, Inc.